Laurelwood Family Dentistry is continuing to grow and expand. To better serve our patients, we are currently searching for a well-qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Registered Dental Hygienist: RDH
Our south Asheville dental practice seeks an energetic, people-oriented individual to effectively treat dental patients in a state-of-the-art high tech dental practice. We are a high-tech paperless office, and applicants should be digitally savvy. This is a full-time position, and applicants must be available to work evening hours till 7:00 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Our ideal candidate will be polite under pressure, have a warm and welcoming personality, will foster an attitude of service to our patients, and will be an eager and productive member of our dental care team. Candidates must be able to work independently just as well as on a team. Experience preferred but new graduates will be considered.
- Job scope:
- Perform dental prophylaxis, periodontal scaling, root planning, debridement and apply fluoride and sealants.
- Evaluate overall health and educate patients on preventive care, outcomes and oral hygiene.
- Maintain patient electronic dental records.
- Take diagnostically acceptable digital radiographs.
- Follow practice protocols: quality assurance, biohazards, infection control, charting, referral, implants, periodontal program, caries risk assessment and emergency treatment.
- Stock required supplies and maintain equipment with ability to troubleshoot minor instrument problems.
- Record the presence of diseases or abnormalities.
- Examine patients’ teeth and gums.
- Teach patients appropriate techniques in brushing and flossing their teeth.
- Ensure instruments are cleaned and sterilized properly.
- Work directly with patients and must be comfortable working in close physical proximity.
- Always stay up-to-date with new techniques and technologies relevant to dental hygiene.
- Cross-train with front desk duties.
- Skills and knowledge requirements: this position requires strong people, organizational, and critical thinking skills, attention to detail, an ability to multi-task, and computer savviness. Superior face-to-face communication skills are vital, as are excellent written communication skills. Knowledge of Dentrix preferred but not necessary.
- License requirements: Must possess a current license to treat patients in North Carolina.
- Relevant experience: We strongly prefer an experienced RDH due to the fast-paced nature of our practice, but we are willing to train a recent graduate if they are the right candidate.
- Compensation: $30-$35 per hour in addition to a negotiable fringe benefit package. Relocation allowance, if applicable, will be considered for the right candidate.
Please email and attach a professional cover letter AND resume in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) or Microsoft Word (docx) formats only. (Yes, we are very serious about the cover letter!) Send either format in an email to employment@LaurelwoodDentist.com. Your previous or current employers will not be contacted without your written permission. Benefit package is negotiable based on skills, education, and experience.